This is the title slide; it is used for several purposes:
- To welcome everyone
- To set out a purpose for the presentation
- To ensure engagement at the right volume with those who are attending.
With apologies for this rather wordy slide, I aim to:
- Set out my objectives
- Provide an overview of the delivery
- Identify potential outcomes that those attending may reasonably expect to gain from the presentation.
I use this slide to provide some information about my background:
- 20 years as a teacher, teacher trainer and centre manager in Sweden, Kuwait and Libya (as well as some time in the United Kingdom and Ireland)
- 20 years in teaching management, firstly in the Open University and then in the University of Ulster
- My interest in online resources to complement face-to-face teaching.
This slide provides a brief opportunity to mention:
- My current portfolio of teaching, involving work with both native and non-native speakers of English who are studying aspects of management at a range of different levels
- My interest in the vocabulary of management
- Corpus linguistics.